Project

General

Profile

Bug #3373

closed

Failed to join a channel with special characters in the name of it.

Added by Iñaqui Sandí Suárez almost 4 years ago. Updated 2 months ago.

Status:
Unconfirmed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Irc
Target version:
Start date:
03/02/2017
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Operative System:
All
Regression:
No

Description

I found this trying to join a room named Más_de_40

Doesn't show me the actual room, I know I joined but I can't see any conversation going or any users listed.

And I know I was in the room because a friend pvt'ed me and told me I was actually in.

#1

Updated by Per Amundsen almost 4 years ago

What encoding are you using on that network? you can type /encoding in the Editbox to get current encoding.

Also what network is this on?

#2

Updated by Per Amundsen almost 4 years ago

  • Category set to Irc
  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Per Amundsen
#3

Updated by Iñaqui Sandí Suárez almost 4 years ago

Per Amundsen wrote:

What encoding are you using on that network? you can type /encoding in the Editbox to get current encoding.

Also what network is this on?

Encoding is: Unicode (UTF-8) Which is the default I guess, haven't customized it

network is irc.irc-hispano.org

#4

Updated by Per Amundsen over 3 years ago

I joined a similar named channel with 3 different irc clients (all using UTF8), seems to work fine, I also joined a channel named #mas_de_40 with a regular a, also seems to work.

#5

Updated by Iñaqui Sandí Suárez over 3 years ago

Per Amundsen wrote:

I joined a similar named channel with 3 different irc clients (all using UTF8), seems to work fine, I also joined a channel named #mas_de_40 with a regular a, also seems to work.

I was able to join by playing around with Encoding.. set it to Latin 9 (ISO) .. and as I said it looked like I joined (with utf/8) but it wasn't really the same room... I did the test logging to the same server same room with different nick and I saw myself "on" the room but on the AdiIRC I didn't saw any posts on the main channel... Anyway I found the workaround..

#6

Updated by Per Amundsen over 3 years ago

That makes sense, if the other users are sending data in ISO you might have problems seeing it, everyone should be using UTF8 though, it works for everyone, but glad you figure it out.

Keeping this open for now since I'm not sure if there is a bug or not, more testing with various clients needed.

#7

Updated by Iñaqui Sandí Suárez over 3 years ago

Per Amundsen wrote:

That makes sense, if the other users are sending data in ISO you might have problems seeing it, everyone should be using UTF8 though, it works for everyone, but glad you figure it out.

Keeping this open for now since I'm not sure if there is a bug or not, more testing with various clients needed.

Maybe something to consider is to match the encoding from the server... as an option when defining serve connections ...

#8

Updated by Per Amundsen 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Unconfirmed

Also available in: Atom PDF