Project

General

Profile

Weird things in french translation

Added by Crazy Cat about 1 month ago

Hi there,

I'm testing AdiIRC and used the french translation, I noticed that some translations are not logical. Sometimes, "nick" is translated as "pseudo" (ok) and sometimes it's "nick". Same for "username", I'll look further and try to create a nex .resx

I made a pre-configured archive of this soft, I hope I'll also have feedback from my users


Replies (4)

RE: Weird things in french translation - Added by Per Amundsen about 1 month ago

Nobody has updated the french translations for many many years, while a lot of text has been added/changed since then.

RE: Weird things in french translation - Added by Crazy Cat about 1 month ago

So, I'll try to do new translations.
I guess I've to start from AdiIRC.Language.resx to have the missing entries and check the existing ones in the fr-FR file.
Is there another tool than vscode to simply edit/compare .resx ?

RE: Weird things in french translation - Added by Per Amundsen about 1 month ago

Yeah use this one https://github.com/AdiIRC/Translations/blob/master/resx/AdiIRC.Language.resx.

There was a website that allowed uploading a resx file that allowed people to collaborate on translations. It had automatic diff of new/updated resx entries, but that website shut down some years ago and I wasn't able to find a alternative.

It's been a while since I last checked for an alternative, I'll let you know if I find one.

RE: Weird things in french translation - Added by Crazy Cat about 1 month ago

I found Zeta Resource Editor (https://www.zeta-resource-editor.com/), I'll see if it does the job :)

    (1-4/4)