Project

General

I am looking for a script to replace the entered nickname

Added by Charlie Sorrow about 2 months ago

I am looking for a script which, after entering the nick in the text input field, will return it in the form:

nick!ident@host

Replies (5)

RE: I am looking for a script to replace the entered nickname - Added by Paul Janson about 1 month ago

//var %a $input(label,e) | var %b $address(%a,5) | echo -a %b | return %b

RE: I am looking for a script to replace the entered nickname - Added by Charlie Sorrow about 1 month ago

It doesn't work. I enter the first letters of the nickname, press the Tab key and the full nickname appears to me.

RE: I am looking for a script to replace the entered nickname - Added by Charlie Sorrow about 1 month ago

What am I doing wrong? How should I use this script to make it work?

RE: I am looking for a script to replace the entered nickname - Added by Paul Janson 18 days ago

You asked for a script, however then you report the tab-complete behavior from pressing the <tab> key while the cursor touches a letter that's in the editbox.

The code they gave works. If you paste that command into the editbox, it pops open a dialog where you can type the nick. After the input box closes, the script shows the full nick!userid@hostname string which matches the nick, assuming they're in your internal address list, which might not always be true if the nick was already in channel before you joined and that nick hasn't done anything since. To ensure all nicks are in your IAL, you can issue the command: /who #channelname

This is the same command, wrapped inside an alias. If you issue the command: /nick2address it displays the address to the active window. The RETURN command returns the result to a script if it's called as an identifier like $nick2address

alias nick2address //var %a $input(label,e) | var %b $address(%a,5) | echo -a %b | return %b

RE: I am looking for a script to replace the entered nickname - Added by Charlie Sorrow 17 days ago

Now I understand & it works.
But I'm looking for something that works by typing the command/alias and nickname, and the nickname!ident@host will be returned directly to the text input field.

e.g.:

/alias nick

will be changed to:

nick!ident@host
    (1-5/5)