Project

General

Feature suggestions

Added by Kostas K over 1 year ago

Using AdiIRC 2.8 x64 in win10.

Currently, when AdiIRC is already open,
when you click to open a server link (e.g. irc://chat.freenode.net ) from inside a browser, (e.g. Firefox)
then AdiIRC opens the link in the background, i.e. remains unfocused.

My suggestion is AdiIRC to become the active window (I haven't found any relevant entry in File|Options).

PS. I love AdiIRC, it's truly the most feature-rich IRC client ever!
Thanks for your great work!

Replies (83)

RE: Feature suggestions - Added by Per Amundsen 20 days ago

clone man wrote:

It would be nice to have a "scrollback warning" appear if you start typing in a channel and you don't realise you're scrolled up in the chat history

Try enable this option https://dev.adiirc.com/projects/adiirc/wiki/Messages_Options#Scroll-messages-when-typing

RE: Feature suggestions - Added by Kostas K 19 days ago

Using latest AdiIRC 3.2 beta x64 in win10.

I'd like to make one more suggestion, please:

Currently for all Monitor Panels
the bottom row, i.e. the latest entry row, becomes the highlighted one by default, and there's no way to deselect it: you may only switch the highlighting to another row.
Also pressing Tab while focusing on such a row doesn't unhighlight it.

I find this quite confusing.

My suggestion is not to be highlighted by default,
and if it's highlighted, to be able to unhighlight it by clicking on the white empty area of the panel.

Here is a screenshot and with the arrow it's an example of where to click to unhighlight it:

RE: Feature suggestions - Added by Per Amundsen 19 days ago

Why do you want to deselect it? It's pretty standard to always have a item selected in a datagrid.

Because the highlighting distracts me: it makes me focus only on the highlighting row, visually "ignoring" the rest of the rows, while I'd like to view the list as a whole, without focusing to any particular row.

I think it's because of the blue background:
the blue background color stands out from the rest white background that is used almost entirely in the rest AdiIRC interface (using default theme, I mean the Treebar, Messages, Nicklist that take the most part of the screen).

If the highlighting in the Monitor Panels was only a subtly-colored dotted outline of the row, i.e. keeping the rows background white and the text black, I believe it wouldn't confuse me at all.
And, if I was able to also unhighlight it, it would be ideal.

RE: Feature suggestions - Added by Per Amundsen 19 days ago

I see, you can change all the Monitor Panels colors including the highlight colors in Options -> Colors -> Monitor Panels.

I'll keep it in mind however.

Thank you for the quick response and for being open to suggestions! :)

RE: Feature suggestions - Added by Per Amundsen 8 days ago

A few things I noticed, if you select the first row instead of the last row, you will not be able to see the selection while scrolled down, you can also deselect using CTRL + click.

I will remove the default highlight in next beta.

RE: Feature suggestions - Added by Kostas K 8 days ago

Thank you so much!

(76-83/83)