- Table of contents
- I can't see emoji/some symbols
- How do I auth/identify before I join?
- Why doesn't Ctrl-C work?
- TLS isn't working on a server!
- How do I change my version reply?
- How do I disable the popups/notifications?
- How do I disable highlight sounds
- How do I use CERTFP, PEM files, etc with AdiIRC.
- I want to use the beta!
- How do I add toolbar items aligned to the right?
- My BNC starts up so slow on AdiIRC!
- How do I make it so /server connects with ...?
- Why is 'connecting' slow on some networks?
- How do I move the monitors to their own window?
- How do I autojoin several channels?
- Does AdiIRC have a systray icon?
- Can I use AdiIRC without .NET?
- Does AdiIRC support DCC?Yes, both chat and file transfers
- There is so many other IRC clients, why wasting time writing another?
- I found a bug, what do I do?
- I got this great idea, can you implement it?
- What does "Adi" stands for?
- Is AdiIRC open source or can I get the source?
- Does AdiIRC work with mono on OSX/Linux?
- Will you port AdiIRC to my mobile OS?
(Frequently Said Statements)¶
I can't see emoji/some symbols¶
How do I auth/identify before I join?¶
/msg nickserv identify <password> /sleep 3 /join #channel1,#channel2
/sleep 3, means wait 3 seconds before running the following command.
The new serverlist has this feature built-in as well as SASL support which makes this a non issue.
Why doesn't Ctrl-C work?¶
When you select text from the message buffer, AdiIRC will automatically copy the text to the clipboard when you release the left mouse button.
These options might be merged into one soon as well as a feature to ask which method to use.
TLS isn't working on a server!¶
If you experience problems connecting to a TLS only server, you can try the .NET 4.5 version which has support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
How do I change my version reply?¶
You can disable or change the CTCP VERSION reply using the CTCP event in a small script.
This can be used for any CTCP request.
; Disable CTCP version reply. CTCP *:VERSION:*:halt ; Reply with a custom version. CTCP *:VERSION:*:ctcpreply $nick IRC Version 42 | halt
How do I disable the popups/notifications?¶
Tips for various events can be disabled in Options -> Tips, to disable highlight tips, go to Options -> Highlights, in the listbox area select "$me", then click the "Edit" button, uncheck "Tip message" and click "Save".
How do I disable highlight sounds¶
How do I use CERTFP, PEM files, etc with AdiIRC.¶
openssl pkcs12 -export -out mynick.pfx -in mynick.pem
For creating a new certificate, have a look here
I want to use the beta!¶
To update to a beta release, just type /betaup.
How do I add toolbar items aligned to the right?¶
There is a tiny "|" separator to the right, if you right click the Toolbar and choose "Customize", you are able to drag the item to the right of that border.
My BNC starts up so slow on AdiIRC!¶
Things you can try:
- Make sure you are using latest beta.
- Reduce Options -> Messages -> Max buffer.
- Disable Options -> Monitor -> Monitor Channels/Servers.
- Type "/setoption Links CaptureLinks False" to disable capturing links.
- Disable Options -> Windows -> Focus newly opened windows.
- Disable/reduce channel backgrounds.
- Disable/reduce emoticons.
- Disable/reduce highlights.
- Disable/reduce nick colors.
- Disable/reduce on TEXT and on PARSELINE scripts.
- Disable Options
> Logging> Log channels.
- Make sure Options -> Messages -> Use alternative text rendering is unchecked.
- Make sure channel/main window is as large as possible (or smaller font) to avoid word wrapping.
- Use fixed size message font.
How do I make it so /server connects with ...?¶
Why is 'connecting' slow on some networks?¶
Some networks tries to scan your port 113 to see if you have a Identd server running, if the port is closed or the identd server is not running, it can take a while for the scan to timeout, make sure Identd server is enabled in Options -> Server and that port 113 is open in your firewall and router. (AdiIRC does not yet support UPNP).
How do I move the monitors to their own window?¶
When "Lock Bars" is disabled (right click any menubar/toolbar/switchbar/statusbar/treebar to enable/disable) you can left-click the header of the monitor panel or a tab and move it with the mouse, if you release the mouse in the middle of the AdiIRC main window, the monitor will become a standalone window.
The window can be docked inside AdiIRC as a regular channel window by pressing CTRL + D.
You can also undock the monitor panel into a window by right-clicking the header or tab and choose "Undock".
How do I autojoin several channels?¶
, inbetween the channels.
Does AdiIRC have a systray icon?¶
Yes, check File -> Options -> General
Can I use AdiIRC without .NET?¶
No, I use .NET because its fast, easy and it has large libraries which enables me to code much more in less time. On a side note, from Windows Vista, .NET is included in Windows per default. -- kr0n
Does AdiIRC support DCC?
Yes, both chat and file transfers¶
There is so many other IRC clients, why wasting time writing another?¶
I mainly do this for fun and learning more about .NET/C# and IRC in general. -- kr0n
I found a bug, what do I do?¶
Check https://dev.adiirc.com/projects/adiirc/issues and see if its been reported. If not, report it!
I got this great idea, can you implement it?¶
Check https://dev.adiirc.com/projects/adiirc/issues and see if someone suggested it. If not, suggest it!
What does "Adi" stands for?¶
Nothing really. It's an old prefix used for some other projects many years ago, and the prefix just carried over to this irc client. Original it was derived from the song A.D.I.D.A.S by the band KoRn. According to some it could stand for All Day I IRC :P -- kr0n
Is AdiIRC open source or can I get the source?¶
AdiIRC is not open source at this point.
Does AdiIRC work with mono on OSX/Linux?¶
Will you port AdiIRC to my mobile OS?¶
AdiIRC is a desktop IRC client, as such it cannot be ported, a new client would have to be made from scratch and there are already good mobile IRC clients, also I have no interest in mobile IRC. --kr0n