- Table of contents
- Unicode/Font fallback
- Auth before joining a channel
- Copy text from message buffer
- Problem connecting to TLS servers
- Disable or changing CTCP VERSION reply
- Disable notification popups/tips
- Disable highlight sound/beep
- Client certificates
- Update to a beta release
- Align a Toolbar item to the right
- Speed up bnc buffer
- How to change the default options used when connecting with /server
- Slow logon
- Undocking monitor panels into a window
Auth before joining a channel¶
/msg nickserv identify <password> /sleep 3 /join #channel1,#channel2
/sleep 3, means wait 3 seconds before running the following command.
The new serverlist has this feature built-in as well as SASL support which makes this a non issue.
Copy text from message buffer¶
When you select text from the message buffer, AdiIRC will automatically copy the text to the clipboard when you release the left mouse button.
These options might be merged into one soon as well as a feature to ask which method to use.
Problem connecting to TLS servers¶
If you experience problems connecting to a TLS only server, you can try the .NET 4.5 version which has support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
Disable or changing CTCP VERSION reply¶
You can disable or change the CTCP VERSION reply using the CTCP event in a small script.
This can be used for any CTCP request.
; Disable CTCP version reply. CTCP *:VERSION:*:halt ; Reply with a custom version. CTCP *:VERSION:*:ctcpreply $nick IRC Version 42 | halt
Disable notification popups/tips¶
Tips for various events can be disabled in Options -> Tips, to disable highlight tips, go to Options -> Highlights, in the listbox area select "$me", then click the "Edit" button, uncheck "Tip message" and click "Save".
Disable highlight sound/beep¶
openssl pkcs12 -export -out mynick.pfx -in mynick.pem
For creating a new certificate, have a look here
Update to a beta release¶
To update to a beta release, just type /betaup.
Align a Toolbar item to the right¶
There is a tiny "|" separator to the right, if you right click the Toolbar and choose "Customize", you are able to drag the item to the right of that border.
Speed up bnc buffer¶
Things you can try:
- Make sure you are using latest beta.
- Reduce Options -> Messages -> Max buffer.
- Disable Options -> Monitor -> Monitor Channels/Servers.
- Type "/setoption Links CaptureLinks False" to disable capturing links.
- Disable Options -> Windows -> Focus newly opened windows.
- Disable/reduce channel backgrounds.
- Disable/reduce emoticons.
- Disable/reduce highlights.
- Disable/reduce nick colors.
- Disable/reduce on TEXT and on PARSELINE scripts.
- Disable Options
> Logging> Log channels.
- Make sure Options -> Messages -> Use alternative text rendering is unchecked.
- Make sure channel/main window is as large as possible (or smaller font) to avoid word wrapping.
- Use fixed size message font.
How to change the default options used when connecting with /server¶
Some networks tries to scan your port 113 to see if you have a Identd server running, if the port is closed or the identd server is not running, it can take a while for the scan to timeout, make sure Identd server is enabled in Options -> Server and that port 113 is open in your firewall and router. (AdiIRC does not yet support UPNP).
Undocking monitor panels into a window¶
When "Lock Bars" is disabled (right click any menubar/toolbar/switchbar/statusbar/treebar to enable/disable) you can left-click the header of the monitor panel or a tab and move it with the mouse, if you release the mouse in the middle of the AdiIRC main window, the monitor will become a standalone window.
The window can be docked inside AdiIRC as a regular channel window by pressing CTRL + D.
You can also undock the monitor panel into a window by right-clicking the header or tab and choose "Undock".
Updated by Per Amundsen almost 2 years ago · 58 revisions